Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ching & Joma...as opposed to Julie & Julia

Everyday I come to Joma Cafe in downtown Vientiane to use the internet. Joma has unintentionally became my office and headquarter.

Whenever I come here, I would have to face the dilemma of what to order because I feel bad ordering bottled water, the cheapest item on the menu, and sit here for hours using the internet.

For the past few weeks, I've been ordering the next cheapest item on the Menu, Lipton Tea.

Because of boredom...or just perhaps tired of facing the dilemma of what to order everyday, I've decided that I'm going to start a project to try out all the food at Joma by 8/16. This is my version of Julie & Julia, but better since I don't have to cook! Yipeee.

Anyways, an update on what I've tried so far:

Chocolate Croissant: pretty yummy goes well with Lipton tea, except I'm tight on budget and can't afford having both at the same time

Cinnamon Roll: very very yummy and filling, good for breakfast

Yogurt with Fruit: very refreshing and healthy, one of my favorite

Coffee: helps me to wake up before afternoon meetings. I can get a second too!

Apple pie: a little too much in a serving, but definitely taste heavenly with the rich apple fillings.

Spinach Lasagna: pretty good but too much with the set. Very good choice for lunch!

Mushroom Quiche: pretty yummy too but again too much if it comes with a set.

Fruit shake: always a good choice in this hot weather!

...I have no idea how many items there are on the menu and frankly I don't care if I finish trying all the stuff by 8/16.

However, do stay tuned for my discovery of tasty pastries/ drinks at Joma:)

4 comments:

  1. yo i'm gonna need pictures of the food as well. for proof. you understand

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha you're so adorable
    the pastries sound pretty decent, yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha. definitely better than julie and julia.

    ReplyDelete